Roku 3 Streaming Player
What is it?
The Roku 3 Streaming Player connects to your TV with either your Wi-Fi Network or via an Ethernet port and enables you to watch streaming videos and channels on your TV.
Get to the entertainment you want instantly
The Roku Channel Store has the largest selection of streaming channels available anywhere – with over 750 channels and more coming at a furious pace. And now, with an all-new on-screen experience that includes one-stop search, you can fly through screens, seamlessly search top channels and launch movies faster than ever before. Simply stream all your favorites, including:
· Over 150,000 movies and TV shows at your fingertips from Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO GO, VUDU and more
· Music from Amazon Cloud Player, Spotify, Pandora, MOG, Rdio, Vevo and TuneIn
· Live sports packages including NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter LIVE, MLS LIVE, UFCTV, and MLB.TV Premium
· Family entertainment from PBS and Disney
· Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
· Top news sources with MSNBC, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNBC and WSJ
Can’t wait?Click here to buy it from Amazon.com
What you need
· An HDTV
· HDMI cable
· In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content.
· A wireless router
We were very impressed by the easy setup.
Unpack the box and plug the Roku 3 into the TV with an HDMI cable (Not Supplied) and plug the power adapter into the wall. The unit then boots up and asks you whether you want to connect with a Wireless or Wired Network connection. If you choose Wireless it shows a list of networks it detects. Input the password for your network and it connects. Finally it displays an activation code which you are to use to activate and attach the Roku to your online Roku account.
Once the code is entered, as part of the attaching process you are prompted to add payment info .
Unfortunately you cannot bypass this but once you do you can later simply choose to delete the payment info and it’s erased from the Roku servers. You will need the payment info if you wish to buy some of the Premium channels.
A really big plus for us was the headphone jack. Roku 3 features an enhanced remote with built-in headphone jack. Just plug in the included in-ear headphones to enter your own private listening world. This is great when watching movies at night when you don’t want to disturb others.
Our only two bugbears with it was that a HDMI cable was not included and the fact that Roku does not offer native Youtube support currently. Hopefully they will add this later.
Another benefit for us was the ability to connect a USB thumb stick to play some of our own movies (as long as they are in a format Roku recognises}
Click here to buy it from Amazon.comTo buy this item and a HDMI cable from Amazon.com
Review by From Steven D
Overall this streaming player is very handy and very easy to use. Here is a list of some of the things I liked most and a few things I thought could use some work…
1. The unit itself is very small, sleek and you can put it anywhere, but I recommend placing where you can recieve a wireless signal best or where your ethernet cord can reach the device.
2. The remote uses a radio signal so you do not need direct line of sight in order to operate, allowing you to hide the device.
3. The headphones that plug into the remote is great Read More Here at Amazon.com